- This event has passed.
Reclaiming our Voice at End of Life
October 27, 2019 @ 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Has America monetized death? When did death become a medical event? I believe it is time to reclaim our end of life from the medical community, since death is a human event. This presentation will provide an overview of how to reclaim our end of life from the medical community. In several studies, it is stated that 80% of individuals wish to die at home with loved ones surrounding them; yet, only 20% do so. Why is that? Throughout history, it is proven that when individuals are facing imminent death, they desire to connect with those who they love most and say goodbye. The first step to solving a problem is recognizing it. This presentation will empower the community to reclaim their role within their own end of life and creating experiences reflecting their lives and desires.
- To examine why America spends 7 times more money during the last 6 months of an individual’s life compared to other countries.
- To review the growing end of life services baby boomers are demanding at the end of life.
- How to become one’s own advocate throughout the medical atmosphere?
- Why is America so resistant to the idea that each of us will die one today? Why don’t we prepare for it?
- How can the individual change their relationship with death?